The MMX-6 is a simple to use hand-held Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge with the ability to measure through paint and coatings and eliminate the thickness of the paint or coating. The MMX-6 uses a dual element style transducer. With the single press of a button, the MMX-6 can be switched between pit or flaw mode ( pulse-echo), and through paint/coatings mode (echo-echo) for maximum inspection efficiency. The MMX-6 is equipped with a bundle of features to make your job easier: Alarm mode, high speed scanning, and data send are the main features of the MMX-6. The MMX-6 comes as a complete kit, ready to use, and is backed by Dakota Ultrasonics 5 year limited warranty.
|Corrosion & Pitting
|Tube & Pipe
||Variety of Applications
- Weight: 10 ounces
- Size: 2.5 W x 4.75 H x 1.25 D inches (63.5 W 120.7 H x 31.8 D mm)
- Operating Temperature: -20° to 120° F (-30° to 50° C)
- Case: Extruded aluminum body / nickel plated aluminum end caps. Resistant to impact and environmentally sealed.
- Sealed membrane that is resistant to both water and petroleum products.
- Nine tactile-feedback keys.
- Dual element (transmit and receive.)
- 1 to 10 MHz frequency range.
- Special high damped transducers available for use with through paint or coating measurements.)
- Locking quick disconnect LEMO connectors.
- 4 foot cable.
- Optional cable lengths up to 100 feet.
- Custom transducers available for special applications.
- Two 1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiCad AA cells
- Typically operates for 200 hours on alkaline and 130 hours on NiCad.
- Display flashes when battery is low. Unit turns off automatically when battery is too low to operate reliably.
- Multi-function 4.5 digit liquid crystal display with 0.500 inch numerals, backlit for use in poor light conditions.
- Backlight is selectable: on / off / auto ( illuminates only when taking a measurement ).
- Measurements displayed in inches, inches/microsecond. millimeters, and mters/second.
- Bar graph indicates stability of reading.
- Pulse Echo Mode (Pit & Flaw Detection):
- Measures from 0.025 to 19.999 inches (0.63 to 500 millimeters).
- Echo Echo Mode (Thru Paint & Coatings):
- Measures from 0.100 to 1.0 inches (2.54 to 25.4 millimeters).
- Switch to select English or metric units.
- Resolution: 0.001 inches (0.01 millimeters)
- Velocity Range: .0492 to .3937 in/microsec (1250 to 10,000 meters/sec).
- Built in: Stainless steel reference disk for probe zeroing.
- Four readings per second for single point measure ments or 16 per second in scan mode — captures the minimum thickness.
- Single and Two point calibration option included.
- Multi-Mode: Toggle between Pit/Flaw detection (Pulse Echo Mode), and through Paint/Coatings (Echo-Echo Mode) with the single press of a button.
- Alarm Mode: Enter a minimum acceptable thickness value.
- If measurement falls below minimum, red led will illuminate and sound beeper. If measurement is above minimum value, green led will illuminate.
- Data Ouput: RS232 output sends thickness readings to a computer or other external storage device
- Factory calibration traceable to national standards.