The MVX finishes the line of MX gauges with class. This thing is loaded with all of the features of the MX gauges and a lot more. Four selectable display options: RF, Rectified, B-Scan, and Large Digits. An internal data logger that stores a total of 12,000 readings and waveforms, 64 user custom definable setups, selectable transducer table for improved linearity, thru paint mode with the single press of a button, multiple calibration and material selection options, and auto waveform find – just to mention a few! Equipped with a single element flaw prove-up mode for basic angle beam inspections. This is all nicely packaged in a very mini portable aluminum extrusion for extra durability and portability! Our DakView java-based PC or MAC OSX software makes this thing a complete kit, and then some!
|Corrosion & Pitting
|Tube & Pipe
||Variety of Applications
- Weight: 13.5 ounces (with batteries).
- Size: 2.5 W x 6.5 H x 1.24 D inches (63.5 W x 165 H x 31.5 D mm).
- Operating Temperature: -14° to 140°F (-10° to 60°C).
- Keyboard: Membrane switch with twelve tactile keys.
- Case: Extruded aluminum body with nickel-plated aluminum end caps (gasket sealed).
- Data Output: Bi-directional RS232 serial port. Windows® PC interface software.
- Display: 1/8 in. VGA grayscale display (240 x 160 pixels). Viewable area 2.4 x 1.8 in. (62 x 45.7mm).
- EL backlit (on/off/auto).
- Measurement Modes: Pulse-Echo (flaws, pits)
- Echo-Echo (thru-paint)
- Pulser: Square wave pulser with adjustable pulse width (spike, thin, wide).
- Receiver: Manual or AGC gain control with 40dB range, depending on mode selected.
- Timing: 20 MHz with ultra low power
- 8 bit digitizer.
- Three 1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiCad AA cells.
- Typically operates for 150 hours on alkaline and 100 hours on NiCad (charger not included.)
- Auto power off if idle 5 min.
- Battery status icon.
- Range: Pulse-Echo Mode: (Pit&Flaw Detection) measures from 0.025 9.999 inches (0.63 to 254 millimeters).
- Echo-Echo Mode: Thru Paint & Coatings) measures from 0.1 to 4.0 inches (2.54 to 102 millimeters).
- Range will vary +/- depending on the thickness of coating.
- Resolution: +/- .001 inches (0.01 mm)
- Velocity Range: .0492 to .3936 in./ms 1250 to 9999 meters/sec
- Single and Two point calibration option, or selection of basic material types.
- Units: English & Metric
- Display Views: A-Scan Rectified +/- (flaw view) RF (full waveform view)
- B-Scan Cross sectional view.
- Display speed of 15 secs per screen.
- Large Digits Standard thickness view. Digit Height: 0.400 in (10mm).
- Scan Bar 6 readings per second. Viewable in B-Scan and Large Digit views.
- Repeatability Bar Graph Bar graph indicates stability of reading.
Data Logger (Internal)
- 12,000 pages of memory (alpha numeric storage).
- Page contents: 1 reading and 1 waveform per page.
- OBSTRUCT to indicate inaccessible locations.
- Memory: 16 megabit non-volatile ram.
- Transducer Types: Dual Element (1 to 10 MHz).
- Locking quick disconnect “00” LEMO connectors.
- Standard 4 foot cable.
- Custom transducers and cable lengths available for special applications.
- Setups: 64 custom user-definable setups.
- Factory setups can also be edited by the user.
- Gates: Single gate in pulse-echo mode, or single gate with holdoff in echo-echo mode. Adjustable threshold.
- Selectable Transducers: Selectable transducer types with built-in dual path error correction for improved linearity.
- Alarm Mode: Set hi and lo tolerances with audible beeper and visual LEDs.
- Fast-Scan Mode: Takes 32 readings per second and displays the minimum reading found when the transducer is removed.
- Flaw Mode: Basic Prove-up flaw detection option using single element angle beam transducers.
- Factory calibration: traceable to national standards.