The MX-2 is ideal for the person that tests a few different materials regularly. The MX-2 contains 8 velocities of common materials and two velocities that the user can set using a simple sofware program. The tool’s backlit display is easy to read, even in dim light, and the unit operates for up to 200 hours on a single set of batteries. The MX-2 comes complete, ready to use, and is protected by Dakota Ultrasonics 5 year limited warranty.
|Corrosion & Pitting
|Tube & Pipe
||Variety of Applications
- Weight: 10 ounces
- Size: 2.5 W x 4.75 H x 1.25 D inches
63.5 W x 120.7 H x 31.8 D mm
- Operating Temperature: -20 to 120F (-20 to 50C)
- Case: Extruded aluminum body / nickel plated aluminum end caps. Resistant to impact and environmentally sealed.
- Sealed membrane that is resistant to both water and petroleum products.
- Five tactile-feedback keys.
- Dual element (transmit and receive)
- 1 to 10 MHz frequency range.
- Locking quick disconnect Lemo connectors
- 4 foot cable
- Custom transducers available for special applications
- Two 1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiCad AA cells.
- Typically operates for 200 hours on alkaline and 130 hours on NiCad.
- Multi-function 4.5 digit liquid crystal display with 0.500 inch numerals, backlit for use in poor light conditions.
- Measurements displayed in inches, inches/microsecond, millimeters, and meters/second.
- Bar graph indicates stability or reading.
- Comes complete with cable and software to transfer the velocity to the gauge.
- Factory calibration traceable to national standards.
- Range: Measures from 0.025 to 19.999 inches (0.63 to 500 millimeters)
- Switch to select English or metric units.
- Resolution: 0.001 inch (0.01 millimeter)
- Velocity Range: .0492 to .3937 in/m s
1250 to 10,000 meters/sec
- Built-in: Stainless steel reference disk for probe zeroing.
- Four readings per second for single point measurements or 16 per second in SCAN mode.
- Velocity Settings: The MX-2 has 8 set velocities and 2 that are custom to the user’s applications. The set velocities are as follows:
- 1. Steel 4340 (.233)
2. Stainless Steel 303 (.223 )
3. Aluminum 2024 (.251 )
4. Cast Iron (.179 )
5. Plexiglass (.106 )
6. PVC (.094)
7. Polystyrene (.092)
8. Polyurethane (.070 )