The MX-5 is a simple to use hand-held Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge. It offers features that make your job easier. An Alarm mode, Differential mode, high speed scanning, and data send are the main features of the MX-5. The MX-5 comes as a complete kit, ready to use, and is backed by Dakota Ultrasonics 5 year limited warranty.
|Corrosion & Pitting
|Tube & Pipe
||Variety of Applications
- Weight: 10 ounces
- Size: 2.5 W x 4.75 H x 1.25 D inches
63.5 W x 120.7 H x 31.8 D mm
- Operating Temperature: -20 to 120F (-20 to 50C)
- Case: Extruded aluminum body / nickel plated aluminum end caps. Resistant to impact and environmentally sealed.
- Sealed membrane that is resistant to both water and petroleum products.
- Nine tactile-feedback keys.
- Dual element (transmit and receive)
- 1 to 10 MHz frequency range.
- Locking quick disconnect LEMO connectors
- 4 foot cable
- Optional cable lengths up to 100 feet.
- Custom transducers available for special applications
- Two 1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiCad AA cells.
- Typically operates for 200 hours on alkaline and 130 hours on NiCad.
- Display flashes when battery is low. Unit turns off automatically when battery is too low to operate reliably.
- Multi-function 4.5 digit liquid crystal display with 0.500 inch numerals, backlit for use in poor light conditions.
- Backlight is selectable: on/off /auto (illuminates only when taking a measurement)
- Measurements displayed in inches, inches/microsecond, millimeters and meters/second.
- Bar graph indicates stability or reading.
- Factory calibration traceable to national standards.
- Range: Measures from 0.025 to 19.999 inches (0.63 to 500 millimeters)
- Switch to select English or metric units.
- Resolution: 0.001 inch (0.01 millimeter)
- Velocity Range: .0492 to .3937 in/m s
1250 to 10,000 meters/sec
- Built-in: Stainless steel reference disk for probe zeroing.
- Four readings per second for single point measure ments or 16 per second in scan mode captures the minimum thickness.
- Single and Two point calibration option included.
- Features: Differential Mode: Enter acceptable thickness value, unit will display +/- the difference from the value entered.
- Alarm Mode: Enter a minimum acceptable thickness value. If measurement falls below minimum, red led will illuminate and sound beeper. If measurement is above minimum value, green led will illuminate.
- Data Ouput: RS232 output sends thickness readings to a computer or other external storage device