The MX-5 DL is a simple to operate Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge with an internal data logger. It offers features that make your job easier. An Alarm mode, Differential mode, high speed scanning, and data send are the main features of the MX-5 DL. The MX-5 DL will automatically log your readings in numeric order ( 1 to 1000 readings ). Use our DakView java-based utility software for PC or MAC OSX. The gauge comes as a complete kit, ready to use, and is backed by Dakota Ultrasonics 5 year limited warranty.
|Corrosion & Pitting
|Tube & Pipe
||Variety of Applications
- Weight: 10 ounces
- Size: 2.5 W x 4.75 H x 1.25 D inches
63.5 W x 120.7 H x 31.8 D mm
- Operating Temperature: -20 to 120F (-20 to 50C)
- Case: Extruded aluminum body / nickel plated aluminum end caps. Resistant to impact and environmentally sealed.
- Sealed membrane that is resistant to both water and petroleum products.
- Nine tactile-feedback keys.
- Dual element (transmit and receive)
- 1 to 10 MHz frequency range.
- Locking quick disconnect LEMO connectors
- 4 foot cable
- Optional cable lengths up to 100 feet.
- Custom transducers available for special applications
- Automatic numeric Data Logging system 1 to 1000 readings.
- Two 1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiCad AA cells.
- Typically operates for 200 hours on alkaline and 130 hours on NiCad.
- Display flashes when battery is low. Unit turns off automatically when battery is too low to operate reliably.
- Multi-function 4.5 digit liquid crystal display with 0.500 inch numerals, backlit for use in poor light conditions.
- Backlight is selectable: on/off/auto illuminates only when taking a measurement.
- Measurements displayed in inches, inches/microsecond, millimeters, and meters/second.
- Bar graph indicates stability or reading.
- Factory calibration traceable to national standards.
- Range: Measures from 0.025 to 19.999 inches (0.63 to 500 millimeters)
- Switch to select English or metric units.
- Resolution: 0.001 inch (0.01 millimeter)
- Velocity Range: .0492 to .3937 in/m s
1250 to 10,000 meters/sec
- Built-in: Stainless steel reference disk for probe zeroing.
- Four readings per second for single point measurements or 16 per second in SCAN mode.
- Single and Two point calibration option included.
- Differential Mode: Enter acceptable thickness value, unit will display +/- the difference from the value entered.
- Alarm Mode: Enter a minimum acceptable thickness value. If measurement falls below minimum, red LED will illuminate and sound beeper. If measurement is above minimum value, green LED will illuminate.
- Data Ouput: RS232 output sends thickness readings to a printer, computer or other external storage device.