- Size: 2.5W x 6.5H x 1.24D in (63.5 x 165 x 31.5mm).
- Weight: 14 ounces (.397kgs), with batteries.
- Case: Extruded aluminum body with nickel plated aluminum end caps (gasket sealed).
- Display: 1/4 VGA AMOLED color display (320 x 240 pixels). Viewable area 1.7 x 2.27 in (43.2 x 57.6 mm). 16 color pallete, multiple color options, and variable brightness.
- Screen Refresh Rate: Selectable 60Hz.
- Display Views: Flaw Detector: Full wave, +/- Rectified, or RF. Thickness Gauge: Digits, +/- Rectified, RF, or B-Scan.
- Resolution(selectable): +/-0.001 in (0.01 mm), or +/-0.0001 in (0.001 mm).
- Timing: Precision TCXO timing with single shot 100 MHz 8 bit ultra low power digitizer.
- Measurement Gates: Two independent gates (Flaw), and three gates (thickness). Start & width adjustable over full range. Amplitude 5-95%, 1% steps. Positive or negative triggering for each gate with audible and visual alarms.
- Operating Temperature: 14 to 140F (-10C to 60C).
- Environmental: Meets IP65 requirements.
- Automatic Calibration: Longitudinal (straight), or Shear (angle).
- Probe Types: Single Contact, Dual, Delay, and Angle .
- English (in), Metric (mm).
- Velocity: 0.0100 to .6300 in/μs (256–16,000 m/s).
- Test Range: 0.007 in (.178mm) to 1200 in (30,480 mm) maximum at steel velocity. Continuously variable.
- Zero Offset (Probe Zero): 0–999.999 μs.
- Material Velocity Table: Contains longitudinal and shear velocities for a variety of material types.
- Pulser Type: Two adjustable square wave pulsers and receivers.
- P.R.F.: 8 to 2000Hz in selectable steps (8, 16, 32, 66, 125, 250, 333, 1000, 2000Hz).
- Pulser Voltage: 100-200 volt peak amplitude, rise/fall time < 10ns into 50ohm.
- Pulse Width: 40 to 400 ns. Selectable step options (spike, thin or wide).
- Gain: 0 to 110dB with 0.2dB resolution. Manual and AGC control.
- Damping: 50, 75, 100, 300, 600, & 1500 ohms.
- Frequency Bands: DFX-7 & 7+: Broadband 1.8 – 19 MHz (-3dB). DFX-7+: Three narrow bands centered at 2MHz, 5MHz, 10MHz.
- Horizontal Linearity: +/- 0.4% FSW.
- Vertical Linearity: +/- 1% FSH.
- Amplifier Linearity: +/- 1 dB.
- Amplitude Measurement: 0 to 100% FSH, with 1% resolution.
- Delay: 0 – 999in (25,375mm) at steel velocity.
Flaw Detector: Features
- TRIG: Trigonometric display of beam path, depth, surface distance, and curved surface correction. Used with angle beam transducers.
- DAC: Up to 8 points may be entered and used to digitally draw a DAC curve. Reference -2, -6, -10, (-6/-12), (-6/-14), (-2/-6/-10) dB. Amplitude displayed in %DAC or dB.
- AWS: Automatic defect sizing in accordance with AWS D1.1 structural welding code.
- AVG/DGS: Automatic defect sizing using probe data. Stores up to 64 custom setups.
- TCG: Time corrected gain. 50 dB dynamic range, 20 dB per microsecond, up to 8 points for curve definition.
- Measurement Mode: Pulse-Echo (P-E) range 0.025 in to 100 ft. (0.63mm to 3048 cm).
- Auto-Cal: Provides automatic calibration with two reference points.
- Detection Modes: Zero Crossing, Flank and Peak.
- Display Freeze: Hold current waveform on screen.
- Peak Memory: For echodynamic pattern determination.
- Skip Bar: Displays skip legs in the waveform area.
Thickness Gauge: Features
- Measurement Modes (Dual & Single Element):
- Pulse-Echo Mode (P-E) – (Pit & Flaw Detection) range 0.025 to 96 in (0.63mm to 244 cm). Single Contact – 0.040 in to 100 ft. (1 mm to 3048 cm).
- Pulse-Echo Coating Mode (PECT) – (Material, Coating, Pit & Flaw Detection): Material: 0.025 in to 96 in (0.63mm to 244 cm). Coating: 0.001 to 0.100 inches (0.01 to 2.54 millimeters).
- Pulse-Echo Temp Comp Mode (PETP) – (Pit & Flaw Detection) Auto temperature compensation – range 0.025 in to 96 in (0.63 mm to 244 cm).
- Echo-Echo Mode (E-E) – (Thru Paint & Coatings) range 0.050 to 4.0 inches (1.27 to 102 millimeters). Single Delay Line – 0.007 to 1.00 in (.178 to 254 mm). Single Contact – 0.040 in to 10 ft. (1 mm to 305 cm). Will vary based on coating.
- Echo-Echo Verify (E-EV) – (Thru Paint & Coatings) range 0.050 to 1.0 inches (1.27 to 25.4 millimeters). Will vary based on coating.
- Coating Only Mode (CT) – (Coating Thickness) range 0.0005 to 0.100 inches (0.0127 to 2.54 millimeters). Range will vary +/- depending on the coating.
- One and two point calibration option for material & coating, or selection of basic material types.
- Auto probe zero, recognition and temperature compensation.
- High speed scan up to 50 readings per second.
- Audible alarm with hi/lo limits.
- Built-in differential mode for QC inspections.
- Linear time dependent gain (TDG) with adjustable slope (dB per microsecond).
- Log Formats: Grid (Alpha Numeric), or Sequential (Auto Identifier).
- Capacity: 4 Gb internal SD card.
- Screen Capture: Bitmap graphic capture for quick documentation.
- Battery: Three 1.5V alkaline, 1.2V AA Nicad cells, 1.2V AA NI-MH, or other other equivalent power source. Battery life (continuous use): Alkaline (12hrs), Nicad (5hrs), and NI-MH (12hrs), with default settings.
- Line Power: USB-C to PC power outlet.
- Output: USB-C 1.1 PC connectivity.
- Transducer Connectors: Two LEMO 00 connectors.
- Thickness Gauge: Factory calibration traceable to NIST & MIL-STD-45662A.
- Flaw Detector: EN12668-1 compliant.