The PR-82 sonic tester has been modified for the automotive industry. This gauge is commonly used for measuring the thickness of cylinder walls, head ports, decks, tubing, body panals, and windshields. It also has the ability to scan the length of a part to find the the minimum thickness.
The PR-82 is back-lit and the unit operates for up to 200 hours on a single set of batteries. It is protected by Dakota Ultrasonics 5 year limited warranty.
|Cylinders & Pitting
|Head Ports & Pipe
||Variety of Applications
- Weight: 10 ounces
- Size: 2.5 W x 4.5 H x 1.24 D inches
63.5 W x 114.3 H x 31.5 D mm
- Operating Temperature: -20 to 120F (-20 to 50C)
- Case: Extruded aluminum body / nickel plated aluminum end caps. Resistant to impact and is environmentally sealed.
- Sealed membrane that is resistant to both water and petroleum products.
- Six tactile-feedback keys.
- Dual element (transmit and receive).
- 1 to 10 MHz frequency range.
- Locking quick disconnect Lemo connectors.
- 4 foot cable.
- Custom transducers available for special applications.
- Two 1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiCad AA cells.
- Typically operates for 200 hours on alkaline and 130 hours on NiCad.
- Multi-function 4.5 digit liquid crystal display with 0.500 inch numerals, backlit for use in poor light conditions.
- Measurements displayed in inches, iches/microsecond, millimeters, and meters/second.
- Bar graph indicates stability or reading.
- Factory calibration traceable to national standards.
- Range: Measures from 0.040 to 1.50 inches (0.63 to 199.99 millimeters) in casted materials.
- Switch to select English or metric units.
- Resolution: 0.001 inch (0.01 millimeter)
- Velocity Range: .0492 to .3937 in/m s (1250 to 10,000 meters/sec)
- Built-in: Stainless steel reference disk for probe zeroing.
- Four readings per second for single point measurements or 16 per second in SCAN mode.
- Single and Two point calibration option included.